[YLUG] ssh

Arthur Clune arthur at clune.org
Fri Oct 12 13:36:57 BST 2007

On 12 Oct 2007, at 09:47, Tom Hayward wrote:

> I couldn't figure what the terms of using ssh.y.a.u were, the sns faq
> says you can use ssh, the old? faq (or at least another one) says you
> can use ssh via ssh.y.a.u, and then the server replies to an attempt
> to connect with:

You should be able to connect to ssh.york from the SNS (*), but not from
elsewhere on campus. That said, it shouldn't be necessary now as
once you are authenticated you should be able to ssh out directly.

(*) Strictly, it allows connections from any IP which resolves back to

sns\d+-\d+.york.ac.uk.

If that isn't the case, let me know.

Arthur

--
[The Internet] allows us to believe that we can
change the world without leaving our chairs -