[YLUG] Installday tasks

Martin Leventon martlev at martlev.com
Sat Oct 13 20:14:18 BST 2007

On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 06:39:55PM +0100, Zoe Stephenson wrote:
-- cut --
> Right now, there are a couple of design tasks that need looking at,
> a bit of publicity spreading, and a bit of planning regarding the
> codecs and customisation that we try to provide.  Check the list and
> sign up for anything that you can carry out, and we'll have it all
> sorted in no time.
>
> Regarding customisation, we have a couple of options:
>
> * Use alt install CD, OEM mode, with extra customisation from a local
>   FTP server
>    o There is a script that we started off with last year, but I
>      don't have the final version that ewan ended up creating
> * Create our own install CD with our customisation added
> * Keep it as a simple install and show people how to install what they
>   want, and keep a list of useful repos and packages handy

-- cut --
Showing how to enable multiverse and so on would be the best way in my
view. While alot of home users will want to be able to play DVDs and
listen to mp3's not all will. It will also leave the system set to
install a wide range of applications that they may eventually want. Of
course it also cuts down the work needed pre-install day.
--
Martin Leventon <martlev at martlev.com>
http://martlev.com