[YLUG] Installday tasks

Gaffer. derrick_s at tesco.net
Sun Oct 14 14:15:38 BST 2007

Hi Nick,

On Saturday 13 October 2007 22:17, Nicholas Thomas inscribed thus:
> Gaffer. wrote:
Snipped
> > I have put it on a couple of clients machines.  Its very
> > impressive. I'm in the process of backing up my machine at the
> > moment, but come Monday I will have it on mine.
> >
> > It has come on in leaps since V10.0 and seems to have gotten rid
> > of all the nasty bugs of 10.1 and 10.2.
>
> *sharpens knives*

Oeoer......  Ducks and runs for cover

> We'll have no RPM here.... :D Or YaST... :D or evil,
> currently-being-sued, Novell... :D

M$ wind....  Burp burp.  Another troll to put down.....

> I move to rename the LUG to "York Debian GNU/Linux (and
> derivatives) User Group. All those for, say "aye". YDGLUG, for
> short.
>
> I'm easy, install-wise... any of the options is fine. Although I do
> generally prefer the alternate install CD, I haven't actually used
> the OEM feature.

10.3  Actually installs all the public oss repositories for you if you
select them.  After that what ever you want is available from within
YAST.   I must admit its very similar to Ubunto in this respect.

Just a suggestion.  Either way,  I'm very happy with it.

> Think there's time to get a YLUG [x|g|k]dm theme put together?
> That'd be a /very/ nice customisation to make if we* could pull it
> off...
>
> /Nick
>
> * I've never done anything like this, and generally think I'm
> terrible at graphics design anyway, but if people think it's worth
> doing and nobody else wants to do it, I'll give it a shot.
>
> /Nick

Best Regards:
             Derrick.