[YLUG] Re: Setting up eduroam wireless on university campus?

Mike Cohler mike.cohler at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 17:36:32 BST 2007

Thanks, having a copy of the wpa_supplicant.conf would be just great.
I have already tried both with and without a ca_cert and neither
worked.

I have had bad experiences with NM in the past and am not a fan as it
writes stuff to files that I could not easily keep track of in Fedora
so I manually set up networking. Also my wife's laptop needs to "just
work"  - so I set it up so that it just connects when she boots up -
and I like to do the same with my own.

Also NM is not stable in the upcoming F8 so I prefer to stick with
setting up networking using wpa_supplicant (and dhclient) so it
connects at boot.

It would be really nice to have a working connection to eduroam as I
have been trying this on and off for the past 18 months without
success!
--

mike cohler