[YLUG] Re: Setting up eduroam wireless on university campus?

Paul Elliott omahns.home at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 08:13:27 BST 2007

Hi Mike,

On 18/10/2007, Mike Cohler <mike.cohler at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, having a copy of the wpa_supplicant.conf would be just great.
> I have already tried both with and without a ca_cert and neither
> worked.

Unfortunately I've drawn a blank. NM is talking to WPA_S over DBUS so
there's no conf file on the disk to post and nothing in the process cmdline
entry.

I have had bad experiences with NM in the past and am not a fan as it
> writes stuff to files that I could not easily keep track of in Fedora
> so I manually set up networking. Also my wife's laptop needs to "just
> work"  - so I set it up so that it just connects when she boots up -
> and I like to do the same with my own.

It's taking all the restraint I can muster from suggesting that you try
Ubuntu..

Seriously though, NM in Ubuntu from 7.04 has been absolutely solid for me,
'it just works'. I use it on a daily basis, roaming between networks and
it's never missed a beat yet.

Sorry I can't help more..

--
Paul Elliott (omahn)