[YLUG] Re: Setting up eduroam wireless on university campus?

Mike Cohler mike.cohler at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 17:52:50 BST 2007

Just a quick followup - I changed the wpa_supplicant.conf file and ran
a quick test at the end of the day. It connected immediately, and I
then ran dhclient eth1. It works flawlessly now.

I will probably put a howto up on a web page over the next week in
case anyone wants to know how to connect using F7. I'll report the
location when I have done it.

One interesting thing - it seems that I can ssh into a machine within
the university once connected to eduroam, but I could not ssh into my
home machine (which is deliberately on a private port number) - so I
presume there are outgoing firewall blocks from eduroam...

Mike