[YLUG] Re: Setting up eduroam wireless on university campus?

Mike Cohler mike.cohler at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 08:27:14 BST 2007

On 19/10/2007, Paul Elliott <omahns.home at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately I've drawn a blank. NM is talking to WPA_S over DBUS so
> there's no conf file on the disk to post and nothing in the process cmdline
> entry.

Thanks Paul for trying - that is a shame - maybe another list member
has it working in a different distro from Ubuntu and might be able to
help. I do know that in Fedora there have been ongoing issues with NM
but I have everything stable and working for everything else and it is
only wireless at the campus that does not! Maybe no-one else has tried
with Fedora, or maybe others have also tried and failed - would be
nice to know which!

>  It's taking all the restraint I can muster from suggesting that you try
> Ubuntu..

Well I have indeed thought about that - though I have all the Linux
machines that I either use or maintain for family members running F7
and it is easier to get used to the quirks of one distro than two or
more!  However I do know others who swear by Ubuntu (I use KDE so it
would be Kubuntu).  Maybe I will try and install on an old laptop and
play.

Thanks for your input though.

--

mike cohler