[YLUG] Re: Setting up eduroam wireless on university campus?

Mike Cohler mike.cohler at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 21:35:13 BST 2007

On 22/10/2007, Arthur Clune <arthur at clune.org> wrote:

> If you are willing, we could add it to the official docs.

That is fine with me, Arthur - I have just spent time this evening
writing the web page which is at
http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~mdc1/fedora_wireless.html

> Yes. For obvious reasons - visitors can bring any laptop in and
> plug it into eduroam so we need to protect campus from those
> potentially (and actually) virus etc infected machines.
>
> You can connect to port 22 outbound......

Well I block port 22 at home and use a private port instead (keeps my
home secure logs clear of script kiddie entry attempts!), so I don't
call out on 22 to connect.... oh well.

Mike

--

mike cohler