[YLUG] Installfest preparations

Zoe Stephenson zrs1 at york.ac.uk
Tue Oct 23 20:35:00 BST 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 04:57:00PM +0100, Anthony Simpson wrote:
> Hi I'd like to volunteer to help out at upcoming installfest. I tried to
> come along last time but I got lost - hopefully there will be signs in
> the building because I only know my way around computer science...

There will be some signs for the installfest.  I put last year's
design on the wiki, it could do with an update with name and logo
and more distinctive arrows and stuff.

I also put some directions on the wiki, hopefully they make sense.
If you can find the main entrance to Langwith College, which is just
off of the main road, then you're nearly there.  If we could get a
photo of the area and put an arrow pointing to the door, that would
be cool.  I have no decent camera though :(

Any takers for updating the direction signs and/or photographing
the University?

> I live just round the corner from York St John so I put some posters up
> in the Fountain Learning Center - only 5 A4 but they're on the notice
> boards in the computer rooms so I think people will notice them.

Excellent stuff, thanks - will have to see if they stick around,
some places are a bit odd about publicity.  I think that's most of
the publicity covered, I just need to sort out the stuff at the
University in my copious free time (I've got posters printed, just
haven't been able to get out of the office for long enough yet).

--
 -- zoe