[YLUG] Installfest preparations

Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu
Thu Oct 25 15:08:50 BST 2007

On 22 Oct 07, Zoe Stephenson (zrs1 at york.ac.uk) wrote:
> - Other distros/OSs/apps - I know there are people here who are more
> familiar with other distros, would be neat to have some idea of who can
> bring what (it's rare that a random machine won't work with ubuntu, but
> if it's going to happen it's likely to happen at the installday).
> Similarly, if we could diversify and demonstrate Free software on OSX
> and that Windows thingy, that might be useful to the visitors.  Anyone
> willing to show off other stuff?  Inferno?  PC-BSD?  Haiku?  I'd love
> to see some of these things in action and the installfest seems like a
> good place to do this.

I'll burn a few x86 64 bit cds (Ubuntu & Debian) for the install day,
and a handfull or so of The OpenCD (open source software for windows).

PC-BSD if I can find one, I've checked openbsd but their iso is a 3 meg
boot floppy for network installation, so probably no use.

If anyone has a DVD burner and some reasonable gaming hardware (that
they can take to the install day) then the live-linux games DVD might be
interesting for a demo - http://live.linux-gamers.net/

any other special requests?

--
Stephen Patterson :: steve at patter.mine.nu :: http://patter.mine.nu/
GPG: B416F0DE :: Jabber: patter at jabber.earth.li
"Don't be silly, Minnie. Who'd be walking round these cliffs with a gas oven?"