[YLUG] new Linux box

Zoe Stephenson zrs1 at york.ac.uk
Tue Oct 30 10:59:56 GMT 2007

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 11:04:37PM +0000, Nigel wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've just joined your list and I wonder if anyone can help me.
>
> I have just installed Ubuntu. My very first attempt at Linux.
>
> I can't understand how to install the graphics card driver. I have

This page looks promising:

  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/Nvidia

> And then there's the issue of getting Ubuntu to recognise my windows
> network and open files from it...... Oh dear....

This page also looks promising:

  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MountWindowsSharesPermanently

> Headingley
> Leeds
> www.healheadingley.org.uk

If you can get to the installday, that would be cunning, although
I'm not sure we'll have any Windows shares lying around to test
with.

--
 -- zoe