[YLUG] Next social

Matthew Gates matthew at porpoisehead.net
Mon Apr 14 22:27:57 BST 2008

On Monday 14 April 2008, Liam Wilson wrote:
> Hi
>
> Any ideas for the date of the next social? I know I
> personally can't make Tuesday the 22nd or the
> Thursday. If there's no particularly strong feeling
> would Wednesday or maybe even Friday (if we could find
> a suitably quiet pub) appeal?

Wednesday is good for me.  I would expect Friday will be too busy in most
pubs in town centre.  One possible venue is the Black Swan.  They have a
couple of rooms which have suitable tables which are free most evenings.
Although it might seem like the wrong side of town for some, it's actually
only 5-10 minutes walk from the Minster.

Being the crusty old git that I am, I like it in there because it's
frequently very quiet, although I suspect not so much on Friday.

Here's where it is on the map:

http://tinyurl.com/67fxoc

Matthew