[YLUG] of WSDL, SOAP servers and perl ...

Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu
Wed Dec 17 14:52:43 UTC 2008

I've fallen into a bit of a hole developing a SOAP server with a WSDL in
perl. I have 3 perl modules

lib/BandwidthReport.pm - service module, currently just 1 function which
dumps all its input to a logfile
lib/BandwidthReportRequest.pm - custom request type, just a hash
;ib/BandwidthReportResponse.pm - custom response, again a hash
service.cgi - the actual service

The modules are all in the same directory 'lib' and I'm using Pod::WSDL
to generate a WSDL for the service.

When I connect a client (currently using perl & SOAP::WSDL) to the
service I get all the following error in the client

cannot import document for namespace
>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/< without location at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/SOAP/WSDL/Expat/WSDLParser.pm line 81.

and a server error
SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal
Server Error

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soap:Envelope
soap:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soap:Body><soap:Fault><faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode><faultstring>Failed
to locate method (BandwidthReport) in class (main) at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2586.
</faultstring></soap:Fault></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

I've attached a copy of the code, its very minimal at the moment until I
get the data transmission sorted out, might be a long shot but can anyone clue
 me in?

--
Stephen Patterson :: steve at patter.me.uk :: http://patter.me.uk/
GPG: B416F0DE :: Jabber: patter at jabber.earth.li
"Don't be silly, Minnie. Who'd be walking round these cliffs with a gas oven?"