[YLUG] Next Social: Wednesday 17th December, 7:30pm, The Victoria, 1 Heslington Road

Anthony Edwards anthony at yoyo.org
Thu Dec 18 12:58:52 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 12:21:33AM +0000, Anthony Edwards wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 06:15:02PM +0000, Zoe Stephenson wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 06:18:33PM -0800, Liam Wilson wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Next social is Wednesday 17th in the Victoria on Hes Road
> >
> > A couple of us are thinking of turning up early for food, say around
> > 6?  It's OK prices for excellent grub - the only place I've managed
> > to eat a whole 10oz steak, for one.
>
> That sounds like a good idea.  I haven't attended a YLUG event before
> but shall try to make this.

The best laid plans!  I got there at 5:50pm having starved myself all
day, enquired if I could pay by credit card for food and was informed
that they don't serve food on Wednesdays!

I then promptly headed off to Sainsbury's at Monks Cross for fish
and chips in the restaurant there (surprisingly good and affordable
if you haven't tried it), being unable to subsist without sustenance
any longer.

Then back home, where I ended up logged in and working until 3:00am
this morning.

--
Anthony Edwards
anthony at yoyo.org