[YLUG] Next Social: Wednesday 17th December, 7:30pm, The Victoria, 1 Heslington Road

Zoe Stephenson zrs1 at york.ac.uk
Thu Dec 18 14:11:15 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 12:58:48PM +0000, Anthony Edwards wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 12:21:33AM +0000, Anthony Edwards wrote:

> > > A couple of us are thinking of turning up early for food, say around
> > > 6?  It's OK prices for excellent grub - the only place I've managed
> > > to eat a whole 10oz steak, for one.
> >
> > That sounds like a good idea.  I haven't attended a YLUG event before
> > but shall try to make this.
>
> The best laid plans!  I got there at 5:50pm having starved myself all
> day, enquired if I could pay by credit card for food and was informed
> that they don't serve food on Wednesdays!

Yeah, we found that out when we turned up at 6.  It looks like you
just missed us!

> I then promptly headed off to Sainsbury's at Monks Cross for fish
> and chips in the restaurant there (surprisingly good and affordable
> if you haven't tried it), being unable to subsist without sustenance
> any longer.

That's... quite a way to go for food.  We ended up going to the nearby
chippy on Lawrence Street and then heading back to the pub.  It was
actually a pretty large turnout.

> Then back home, where I ended up logged in and working until 3:00am
> this morning.

Now that's just crazy.  Says me who ended up going out shopping after
the meeting and then playing Guitar Hero into the night*.

--
 -- zoe  * OK, until 11.