[YLUG] Update fedora 10

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 15:33:41 UTC 2008

Can you say exactly how you did the update to F10. Certainly if you
had an early Fedora and used the yum update method instead of a clean
install then you may have problems.

If you did a clean install then it should work, unless you have done
anything out of the ordinary with the install or system settings. What
have you changed since your install. Have you messed with xorg.conf?
Have you checked the list of common bugs in f10 in the Fedora wiki?

Have you installed a root partition but retained /opt or /home from
previous versions?  If your previous version was earlier than F9 and
previously you did not have SElinux enabled but now you do then you
may need to relabel your non-root partitions. Do you have SElinux
enabled or permissive ?  Or even disabled?

Have you made any alterations to the system area after you completed
your installs?

Did you install from livecd or from the DVD? What kind of computer is it?

You need to provide rather more information before anyone can sensibly
respond to your query.

Mike

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Patrick Dupre <pd520 at york.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I made an update of Fedora 10 yesterday (new kernel, etc...)
> and then the X session stocks. I have to restart the machine by switching
> it off.
> The graphic card is a Radeon 7000.
> What should I do ?
> Can I come back to the installation before the update ?
>
> rpm -Va gives a lot of messages.
>
> Thank.
>
> --
> ---