[YLUG] Update fedora 10

Patrick Dupre pd520 at york.ac.uk
Sat Dec 20 18:00:07 UTC 2008

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008, mike cloaked wrote:

> Exactly how did you update from FC7?
>
> i.e. to be explicit - did you
2 weeks ago I did the update by running a yum upgrade

2 weeks ago IO updated from the DVD (anaconda): of course from
the iso image.

yesterday from yumex.

> or
> b) start from scratch using the DVD install iso
>
> Which was it - a) or b) ?
>
> If it was b) once you had the install complete did you change anything
> in xorg.conf (the default gives no xorg.conf file!)
> If you added an xorg.conf file what did you put in it?
>
> Did you install any proprietary driver such as the ATI graphics
> drivers?  Or did you attempt to install fglrx?
>

> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Patrick Dupre <pd520 at york.ac.uk> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Well,
>>
>> 2 week ago I update from Fedora7.
>> It looks like that I was expereincing problem with the graphic
>> (ATL-CTR Fx did not work, application slow).
>> Yesterday, I just made a standard update which included a new
>> kernel.
>> After that, no way to restart a X session.
>> The yesterday update has been made by using yumex.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> --
>> ---

---
  Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |
  Department of Chemistry            |   |    Phone: (44)-(0)-1904-434384
  The University of York             |   |    Fax:   (44)-(0)-1904-432516
  Heslington                         |   |
  York YO10 5DD  United Kingdom      |   |    email: pd520 at york.ac.uk