[YLUG] Update fedora 10

Patrick Dupre pd520 at york.ac.uk
Sun Dec 21 21:24:06 UTC 2008

> On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 8:18 PM, Patrick Dupre <pd520 at york.ac.uk> wrote:
>> Hi Mike,
>>

>>> prevent it from running? Or when the X crash happened did you then
>>> login as root to tty1 without X and try to force startx? This sounds
>>> like you never did get firstboot to run?  Please confirm.  If this is
>>> the case how did you create the non-root user(s)?
>>
>> You are right, I guess that I did never run firstboot.
>> How I do it now ?
>
> Well you may be able to change the parameters in the file
> /etc/sysconfig/firstboot and reboot. (i.e. make it say YES and not NO)
> - however see below as I believe you may have messed up your user area
> so that a login screen may be either corrupt or impossible to load.
>
> i.e. I suspect that you have more problems than just not running firstboot.
When I run firstboot
X configuration,
the screen just freeze (similar like startx)
How can I try to debug the xorg.conf ?
What would be a xorg.conf file with the minimum things, ie. I would like
to get a xorg.conf which may have a change to work in case that the
one generated by X -configure is not correct.
Is their any way to have a minium graphic mode like VGA. In the past it
was possible.
Regards

--
---
  Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |
  York YO10 5DD  United Kingdom      |   |    email: pd520 at york.ac.uk