[YLUG] Update fedora 10

Steve Kemp steve at steve.org.uk
Wed Dec 24 11:14:13 UTC 2008

On Wed Dec 24, 2008 at 02:26:08 +0000, Patrick Dupre wrote:

> Then I updated it, and again, now the graphics freeze.
> I get the grey background and then the pointer, and then I have to
> manually restart the machine.

> Their is a bug in one of the updated packages, but which one ?

  (There)

  I guess you need to install and upgrade them one by one to work
 out which.  But the obvious culprits would be anything X-server
 related, or kernel-related.

  Perhaps searching the Fedora Core bug tracker would be useful,
 but failing that pragmatically I'd suggest "install and don't
 update".  At least for a few more weeks to see if it is fixed
 later.

  Then again if you want to chase the bleeding edge I guess you're
 getting what you want..

Steve
--
http://www.steve.org.uk/