[YLUG] Update fedora 10

Patrick Dupre pd520 at york.ac.uk
Wed Dec 24 11:19:30 UTC 2008

Thank for the advises.

Is their a way to make a step back ?
I mean to reinstall the old packages, eventually one by one, and a clean
way ?

> On Wed Dec 24, 2008 at 02:26:08 +0000, Patrick Dupre wrote:
>
>> Then I updated it, and again, now the graphics freeze.
>> I get the grey background and then the pointer, and then I have to
>> manually restart the machine.
>
>> Their is a bug in one of the updated packages, but which one ?
>
>  (There)
>
>  I guess you need to install and upgrade them one by one to work
> out which.  But the obvious culprits would be anything X-server
> related, or kernel-related.
>
>  Perhaps searching the Fedora Core bug tracker would be useful,
> but failing that pragmatically I'd suggest "install and don't
> update".  At least for a few more weeks to see if it is fixed
> later.
>
>  Then again if you want to chase the bleeding edge I guess you're
> getting what you want..
>
> Steve
> --
> http://www.steve.org.uk/

---
  Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |
  Department of Chemistry            |   |    Phone: (44)-(0)-1904-434384
  The University of York             |   |    Fax:   (44)-(0)-1904-432516
  Heslington                         |   |
  York YO10 5DD  United Kingdom      |   |    email: pd520 at york.ac.uk