[YLUG] Quick question about publishing web pages

Rob Hall rob at waylock.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 18:02:54 GMT 2008

Hi,

We have an MIS system which is web based here in school and we would
like to publish it out via our intranet. Internally the URL is along the
lines of http://192.168.1.10/MIS/mis.html It is running on a Windows
Server 2003 based server and is published internally using IIS.

My boss has had no end of trouble trying to get it published via our ISA
Server (ISA 2006) and said to me the other day, "You're always saying
how bl**dy good Linux is, see if you can get that page published!" Now
there's a challenge.

My question is, is it possible (and I'm thinking reverse proxying
possibly here) that if a person in the outside world goes to
http://mis.ourschool.net (which is already set up and DNS is pointing to
one of our external IP addresses reserved just for this job) to
re-publish the IIS served internal website to the outside world?

Clear as mud?

TIA

Rob