[YLUG] Quick question about publishing web pages

Chris Kilgour chris at kilgour.org.uk
Tue Jan 15 19:21:41 GMT 2008

On Jan 15, 2008 6:02 PM, Rob Hall <rob at waylock.co.uk> wrote:
> My question is, is it possible (and I'm thinking reverse proxying
> possibly here) that if a person in the outside world goes to
> http://mis.ourschool.net (which is already set up and DNS is pointing to
> one of our external IP addresses reserved just for this job) to
> re-publish the IIS served internal website to the outside world?
>
> Clear as mud?

Some mod_proxy magic should solve it
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html).  Something
like:

ProxyPass / http://192.168.1.10/MIS
ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.1.10/MIS

would do it, I'd have thought.  Just make sure actual proxying is
turned off ( ProxyRequests Off).  You could also use mod_rewrite as
well if you needed something a bit more complex.

Chris