[YLUG] job at York Uni

Alex Howells alex.howells at 0wn3d.us
Sat Jan 19 02:21:24 GMT 2008

On 1/19/08, Rob Hall <rob at waylock.co.uk> wrote:
> Ye Gods! I'd love a job like that but how on earth do you begin to get
> the skills needed!

The stuff under the 'Required' section didn't look too bad and I guess
you'd expect a lot of people to have those kind of skills, out of the
advantageous bits, only these looked specialized:

   * Experience with batch job queuing systems, e.g. Sun Grid Engine
(SGE) or similar
   * Experience with CPU cycle harvesting systems, e.g. Condor or BOINC.
   * MPI, Globus, SRB    (middleware)

Looks like an interesting enough job, if small clusters float your
boat ;)  Guess the salary isn't too bad either for a post in
education, in a place like University of York?  Not sure how it stacks
up vs. the rest of the country.