[YLUG] OSM Mapping Party

Matthew Gates matthew at porpoisehead.net
Thu Jul 17 17:02:23 BST 2008

On Thursday 17 July 2008, Liam Wilson wrote:
> Matthew also reminded me about the keysigning party. Shall
> we do that at the next social (on the 28th)? Hopefully I'll
> get around to reading the keysigning party howto by then
> and post a summary to the list, unless anyone who knows how
> it all works wants to post an overview for the benefit of
> people like me who are a bit hazy about it.

There's an FAQ which gives very detailed instructions, here:

http://linuxreviews.org/howtos/gnupg/signingparty/

Looks like there are two main ways to do it - centrally coordinated and free
for all.  I have no preference.  Seems like the centralised method is a bit
more formal, but someone has to coordinate it, which is a little work.  Not
a lot though.

Matthew