[YLUG] Mapping event, 2nd August

Matthew Gates matthew at porpoisehead.net
Wed Jul 23 01:42:49 BST 2008

On Wednesday 23 July 2008, Liam Wilson wrote:
> I was thinking of it as a sort of test run too. What I though was
> we'd more or less copy what wylug did with their mapping party:
> http://list.wylug.org.uk/pipermail/wylug-announce/2008-June/000542.html
>
> So something along the lines of:
>
> -Meet 2pm in Brigantes (south of York needs mapping, so meeting in
> this pub on Micklegate puts us closer), sort out who's going where.
> -2:30-5pm (maybe 6) Out mapping.
> -5pm on to somewhere with wifi (Terrier?). Upload data, drink beer, etc.

It's the right sort of area for a meet up place, being the correct side of
town.  Is there conveniently close cycle parking there, I don't remember?

> Feel free to post a confirmation and update the ylug wiki if this
> sounds ok. Otherwise I'll do it on the 29th.
>
> Liam

I don't seem to be able to create an account on the wiki.  I put a page on
the OSM wiki for the meeting with a slightly different timetable (starting
at 11am), but it was just made up on the spur of the moment.  I don't
really mind when we start.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/York_micro_mapping_party

Matthew