[YLUG] Mapping event, 2nd August

Liam Wilson liam.wilson at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 01:31:04 BST 2008

--- On Tue, 22/7/08, Matthew Gates <matthew at porpoisehead.net> wrote:
> I've been looking at the OSM Mapping Party howto.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Mapping_Weekend_Howto
>
> I think we should consider our planned mapping event to be
> a "test party".
> For a full-blown mapping party we need to be a bit more
> organised and
> announce the event further ahead of time and so on.  It
> seems like there
> are some loan GPS units available from the core OSM folks,
> although I don't
> know if we have enough time now to get hold of them.

I was thinking of it as a sort of test run too. What I though was
we'd more or less copy what wylug did with their mapping party:
http://list.wylug.org.uk/pipermail/wylug-announce/2008-June/000542.html

So something along the lines of:

-Meet 2pm in Brigantes (south of York needs mapping, so meeting in
this pub on Micklegate puts us closer), sort out who's going where.
-2:30-5pm (maybe 6) Out mapping.
-5pm on to somewhere with wifi (Terrier?). Upload data, drink beer, etc.

Feel free to post a confirmation and update the ylug wiki if this
sounds ok. Otherwise I'll do it on the 29th.

Liam