[YLUG] Next social and other stuff

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 23 23:49:08 BST 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 08:01:12PM BST, Liam Wilson wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just a couple of things:
>
> Next social is Monday the 30th in the Yorkshire Terrier.
>
> At the last social there was a definite interest in doing an OSM
> mapping meet. I'm probably off along to the Leeds one this weekend
> (http://list.wylug.org.uk/pipermail/wylug-announce/2008-June/000542.html)
> to get an idea how they work it, and then I'll report back to this
> list.

How did you get on in Leeds?  Hope you had a pleasant an informative
time and that you didn't get blown away!

>       When would be a good date for people? I was thinking maybe
> Sunday the 13th, then we could roll the social into the same event.

I'll not be able to join you on the 13th July as this seems to have been
the date chosen for numerous events I'm supposed to attend.  I'll be
getting no family brownie points if I disappear to be all geeky.

> Al also mentioned a key-signing party. Maybe roll that into the 13th
> too?

If there's interest in a joint key signing party then I'd suggest an
ordinary evening meeting.  After the 30th June, would I be right that
the 14th and 28th July are going to be meeting dates?  I think one of
those might suit well.

Toodle pip,

Al

--