[YLUG] [job posting] Support engineer at Bytemark Hosting: £17-23k, York

Matthew Bloch matthew at bytemark.co.uk
Thu May 15 15:50:06 BST 2008

We are looking to hire a solid Linux systems administrator to join our
small team based in the centre of York, initially to take on our
customer support duties on a rota basis.

We are looking for several possible additional skill sets to help us
develop our business, and you might fit one or all of them. We’re not
necessarily looking for experience, just a keenness to help out our
customers in a professional manner, and to expand your skills in an area
that would benefit both you and us.

For one, we would love to find someone who is into writing software,
especially if you know Ruby or Java, you should find plenty to do among
our internal applications and there is scope for starting major new
projects.

Or if you see yourself in systems administration and love to see Linux
systems working as a smoothly oiled machine, we have a number of clients
who need your help as our managed services side ramps up, as well as
some internal systems that need oiling.

You might love Cisco and network infrastructure; our 3-site
multi-gigabit network is expanding and needs some intricate designs to
be optimised, simulated and implemented. Your help could be invaluable.

We ask for a 37.5 hour working week, some of which can be worked from
home, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), home broadband, eye tests,
allowances for glasses, contact lenses and home office purchases.

Whether you are an A-level student, recent graduate or professional
looking for new challenge, if you’re interested in working for Bytemark
and know Linux well, contact Matthew Bloch <matthew at bytemark.co.uk> with
your CV, and an idea of how you might help us.

Salary: £17-23k depending on experience.

--
Matthew Bloch                             Bytemark Hosting
                                http://www.bytemark.co.uk/