[YLUG] Dumb question?

Charles Forsyth forsyth at terzarima.net
Sun May 18 23:38:40 BST 2008

i just create normal accounts for 6 and 7.5 year old and let them go to it.
they can then instruct each other, and other users in the house.
i didn't bother with special new groups.  it worked (more or less) for large
groups of students on Unix, so why not on Linux?

i was a little touched today when the youngest signed up again to Club Penguin
by herself, telling me later that it took a long time to read through the
Terms and Conditions text window so she could tick the box that said she
agreed to the terms and conditions.  i only found out about it because Penguin sends
a request for confirmation to the parent's email address and she nudged me
to find out why that confirmation hadn't appeared yet.
i couldn't bring myself to explain to her that we never read that stuff but just tick the box
and Continue.