[YLUG] lvm

Patrick Dupre pd520 at york.ac.uk
Sun Nov 23 22:29:08 UTC 2008

Hello,

I installed a new disk and I copied my partitions on logical partitions
except the /
In the fstab, I change to:
/dev/VG1/usr	/usr

but I get an error message due to the fsck:
filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
     e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

The kernel when I boot from the install on the standard partitions is OK
but not when it is run from the
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.23.17-88.fc7 ro root=/dev/sdb5

It looks like that the module for the lvm are missing ?
Why vmlinuz-2.6.23.17-88.fc7 would not load the right modules ?

What did I miss ?
Is it a problem with the initrd ?

Thank for your help.

--
---
  Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |
  York YO10 5DD  United Kingdom      |   |    email: pd520 at york.ac.uk