[YLUG] screen brightness

Gaffer. derrick_s at tesco.net
Sun Nov 30 19:10:21 UTC 2008

Hi Nigel,

On Sunday 30 November 2008 18:53, nigel white wrote:
> Hi
>
> My laptop screen has gone dim. Not very dim, but too dim for
> comfortable viewing.
>
> I have Dell Inspiron 6400. ATI Mobility Radeon X1300.

Is the brightness even across the whole screen or is it brighter at
one edge than the other.

In the first case have a look in the BIOS settings to see if you can
alter the settings there.  In the second its possible that a tube has
failed or more likely the inverter that drives that tube.

In which case returning it to Dell for repair is probably the best
bet !

--
Best Regards:
             Derrick.