[YLUG] Installfest news, 7th October

Zoe Stephenson zrs1 at york.ac.uk
Tue Oct 7 22:19:15 UTC 2008

Hi,
  Have received no word back from the LUG people about getting the
site up and running yet, and we could do with something up in the
meantime, so I've created some minimal content at:

  http://www.daeghnao.com/installfest/

I will add some suitably enticing pictures when I have a moment; in the
meantime, if you'd like to provide some neat and tidy CSS to make the
site more presentable, that would be lovely - email me off-list if you
have something for me to use.

I've put this URL on the poster rather than the generic installfest one
that we usually use.  It's the easiest compromise given that I don't
know when we'll be able to get the domain name and hosting officially
sorted.

We'll do a run of posters at comprec tomorrow and see how it turns
out.  Aiming for a selection of A4 and A5 to put in various places,
contact Liam if you're wanting to grab some to put somewhere.

Games ideas have suddenly exploded with the prospect of using
dancemats to liven up the event.  I've never used one before, and I've
no idea how easy these things are to set up - here's hoping we get
something cool running on the day!  Let me know if you'd like to
be in charge of making cool games happen on the day, I'd really
appreciate some help there so I can concentrate on getting the
right people to the right places throughout the day.

I think that's all for now, more news once we've played with printers.

--
 -- zoe