[YLUG] Installfest news, 19th October

Zoe Stephenson zrs1 at york.ac.uk
Sun Oct 19 22:27:49 UTC 2008

Hi guys,
  Not long to go now!  I'm on my travels for work for a couple of days,
so I thought I'd do an update.

We've got a new routing box set up, will be testing that in the morning.
It ought to work OK, and it'll mean that we definitely have the networking
that makes the event so much easier to manage.

I've put in a request for some extra tables, like last year.  I don't
have the confirmation back yet but it ought to be pretty straightforward.

I've got a bunch of plates and plastic knives and things, and will be
baking on Wednesday and maybe some more on Friday.  Visitors are
encouraged to bring along extra bits, preferably homemade without
too many crazy ingredients.  There will be a trip out to a campus
eatery at some point around lunchtime.

There's some publicity out there, and I'm doing a quick bit in a lecture
tomorrow to advertise the event too, so we may have a steady stream
of visitors.

Volunteers wanting to help out at the weekend with greeting people,
doing installs, configurations, or just chatting to the visitors, are
all welcome.  If you're definitely volunteering at the event, please
let me know so that I can arrange some kind of official-looking badge.
We tend to set up on the Saturday at about 9.

I think that's all, here's looking forward to a really successful
event this year.  Many thanks for all the encouragement and help so
far.

--
 -- zoe