[YLUG] Router

James Jeffrey james at jgj.org.uk
Sun Sep 28 17:31:55 UTC 2008

As I think Alex and Steve hinted, your router may just not be designed
for you to obtain the file this way. It seems that it isn't expecting
a username and password to be supplied in the way that wget supplies
it (i.e. via http basic auth).

To work around it, you might need to write a script which logs in by
submitting a POST containing the login details to wherever the form
defined in login.htm goes, and retrieves the session cookie which you
then use when you try to download the log. If you get stuck then if
you post the section of login.html containing everything between
<form> and </form> then someone might be able to supply such a script
(unless it's all done with javascript) - but...

There might be a simpler option - does your router support syslog?

What model router is it?

James