[YLUG] Installing linux (Fedora 10) on a Samsung NC10 - a nice success

Liam Wilson liam.wilson at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 01:39:48 UTC 2009

Hi

We'll have to try and get the ylug wiki back up (any luck/anything
I can do Zoe?). This would make for some great content.

--- On Sun, 18/1/09, mike cloaked <mike.cloaked at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know that others have had some experience with other
> netbooks such
> as the eeepc - and it would be interesting to compare
> stories with
> this one?  The NC10 is available from various outlets
> including Amazon
> where it was £307 which is pretty good for such a capable
> little
> machine.

I've put ubuntu 7.04 on my eeepc (need to upgrade, but can never
be bothered). Pretty straight forward, except from the fact that
the installer took a little bit of convincing before it would stop
trying to install to the internal ssd (I wanted to install to an
external hd instead). It also decided to install grub to the ssd
rather than the external hard drive. That was partially my fault
as the option to select where grub is installed is actually in
a side menu somewhere. I say partially my fault as I think that's
a daft place to put that option.

Liam