[YLUG] Next Social: Probably Monday 26th in a mystery venue...

Liam Wilson liam.wilson at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 02:14:07 UTC 2009

Hi

Well I say mystery venue because I haven't thought of a location
yet. I think  Monday would be the best bet (unless anyone has
any objections?). There was some discussion at the last social
about alternating between Mondays and Tuesdays so we didn't clash
with wylug.

As we discussed at the last social I have set up a doodle poll to
see what days are best for people (as I keep forgetting what people
have said). It's on:

http://www.doodle.com/tef6n5s7xtpu5m6c

Ignore the exact dates mentioned, just click what days of the week
you can do. Not sure how useful a simple yes/no answer will be. I'll
maybe investigate setting up a poll where you can weight each day
in proportion to your preferences.

In other news: I popped along to the dfey (Digital Freedom in
Education and Youth) meeting in Manchester this Sunday just gone
(http://dfey.freedomdreams.co.uk/wiki/Meetings/January_09). It was
basically just a geeky get-together. We met at Oxford road station
and then headed to a meeting room at BBC Manchester. Several hours
of geeky chatter ensued (including an impromptu talk about the
Neo FreeRunner Openmoko phone). I was thinking we could maybe get
something similar going (more or less like the install clinics we
used to do). All I'd need to do is find a venue.

Liam