[YLUG] fedora 10 login

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Sat Jan 31 13:00:30 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 12:40:16PM +0000, Patrick Dupre wrote:

> I had to change the bocksize of /

Why?

> (I did save the old one, make2fs
> and reinstall the / from another installation)
> Now, only root can login (for the other users I get:
> login: no shell permission denied

What does "getent passwd username" show?  Does the
shell program exist, and is it executable?

> mount does not show any thing (no error) !

What is in /proc/mounts?

> df shows the partitions (the ones set in /etc/fstab).
> the /ect/mtab seems OK

Why not show us the contents of /etc/fstab, /etc/mtab and
/proc/mounts so that we can determine that, otherwise
what do you want us to say?

> All the partitions available (not the mounted ones) shows up on the
> desktop (as an icon).

That's a desktop configuration issue.

Regards,
Roger