[YLUG] fedora 10 login

Patrick Dupre pd520 at york.ac.uk
Sat Jan 31 14:13:40 UTC 2009

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009, Roger Leigh wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 12:40:16PM +0000, Patrick Dupre wrote:
>
>> I had to change the bocksize of /
Because a bug in fedora, the rpmdb does not like blocksize of 1024 !!

> Why?
>
>> (I did save the old one, make2fs
>> and reinstall the / from another installation)
>> Now, only root can login (for the other users I get:
>> login: no shell permission denied
>
> What does "getent passwd username" show?  Does the
> shell program exist, and is it executable?

Fixed with touch /.autolabel !
>> mount does not show any thing (no error) !
>
> What is in /proc/mounts?
>
>> df shows the partitions (the ones set in /etc/fstab).
>> the /ect/mtab seems OK
>
> Why not show us the contents of /etc/fstab, /etc/mtab and
> /proc/mounts so that we can determine that, otherwise
> what do you want us to say?
>
>> All the partitions available (not the mounted ones) shows up on the
>> desktop (as an icon).
>
> That's a desktop configuration issue.
How can I fix it ?
BUt I do not think so.
All unneccessary partitions are mounted. Are can I void to mount them ?
They are not in /etc/fstab !
what mount all these partitions ?
Is their a findfs which is run during the boot ?

Thank

Regards.

--
---
  Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |
  York YO10 5DD  United Kingdom      |   |    email: pd520 at york.ac.uk