[YLUG] automount gnome

Patrick Dupre pd520 at york.ac.uk
Tue Mar 3 11:01:02 UTC 2009

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, mike cloaked wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 8:50 PM, Liam Wilson <liam.wilson at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> A quick google search for:
>>
>> gnome disable automounter
>>
>> gave me the answer (1st result). Looks like the gnome developers
>> (in their infinte wisdom) have moved the option to gconf.
>>
>> Liam
>
> In fact in F10, for a "clean" install, partitions that are not defined
> in fstab are not mounted in Gnome.  However if a user area is copied
> back verbatim from an old Fedora setup to an F10 user area, then the
> gnome "dot" files will likely have settings relevant to the older
> system, and that will more than likely cause one or more problems in
> F10.  I believe that the OP did a huge jump from FC7 to F10 using a
> yum update, and likely did not clear out the gnome config files from
> the user areas before he did so, but perhaps he could confirm this?
> Also in F10 there are large changes in the KDE4 configs as well so
> using old user areas is likely to lead to significant problems. Hence
> my method for upgrade as in the next paragraph.

I did update from FC7 to FC10 by using the DVD and the update option.
Then I made yum update.
Doing so, gnome-session fails for each users (old or new ones) except root
but KDE works fine !
I af correcr, I did the same from FC6 to FC10 and did not face the same
problem.

--
---
  Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |
  York YO10 5DD  United Kingdom      |   |    email: pd520 at york.ac.uk