[YLUG] Wireless networking of desktop PCs

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Thu Sep 24 21:23:14 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

In order to prevent the need for long runs of ethernet around the
house, I'm considering getting some sort of wireless hardware for
my desktop PC in order to allow it to connect to the wireless
network provided by our ADSL router.  I've not used wireless much,
let alone on a non-laptop system where it is not typically built-in.

Could anyone recommend any Linux-compatible hardware that can be
configured without the need for NetworkMangler^H^H^H^Hager to
make it work?

I've seen both USB and PCI devices available; is one preferable
or are both equally decent in terms of hardware support, ease of
configuration and system overhead during operation?

Thanks,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh