[YLUG] Wireless networking of desktop PCs

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Fri Sep 25 07:58:55 UTC 2009

On 24 Sep 2009, at 22:23, Roger Leigh wrote:
> I've seen both USB and PCI devices available; is one preferable
> or are both equally decent in terms of hardware support, ease of
> configuration and system overhead during operation?

Another alternative is to use an AP or similar and connect to that via
ethernet.  This may be particularly attractive if you have more than
one device in a small area that you want to connect.  Its also
completely OS agnostic other than the setup.

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.com ]