[YLUG] How to move the menu items on 'buntu 1o.o4 Studio distribution?

ALEX SISMAKOV alex.armani at live.co.uk
Thu Aug 19 13:33:57 UTC 2010

> This "buttons in the right place" intrigues me - what do you mean?
I've got two PC's here running next to each other.One 32 bit, running the standard Lucid Desktop Distribution.The other, 64 bit, running Lucid Studio
For Lucid (ie Ubuntu 1o.o4), they've put the minimise and maximise and close buttons in the top left corner of the window. For Studio, the buttons are in the top left corner as before. Apparantly, it has been said this is to make it more Mac like, and for Maverick (Meerkat released Halloween  2o1o - ie Ubuntu 1o.1o) the top right corner of each Window will be occupied by ''Windicators''. Little status icons! eg Documant saved staus, online etc.
> Also, you may have an issue with Google Earth, depending on how you
> install it - to run the 32-bit version on a 64-bit OS may require
> some compatibility libraries.  If you get stuck again on Google Earth
> install, do let us know.

I gave up on that! Yes, I'm a Linux Newbie; you can probably tell! Have been running Ubuntu, since just before I started posting here!
-- Alex Jorvic, Viking - Digital Musician +447966062067 - Www.Matrixism.Me.UK