[YLUG] Debian Packaging & Sponsor

Gary Briggs chunky at icculus.org
Sun May 2 00:16:52 UTC 2010

Afternoon all,

I've been fidgeting with the debian packaging for my pet project for a
while, and now I'm wondering if there's anyone around here who's an
expert on debian packaging, sponsorship, and all that good stuff.

It builds successfully and runs all the architectures I've been able
to try and lintian has nothing to say about it, so I'm finally looking
to try and get submitted into the debian system.

So... suggestions?

The project is here: http://icculus.org/obdgpslogger

Build instructions for debian are thus:
svn co svn://svn.icculus.org/obdgpslogger/trunk obdgpslogger-0.14
cd obdgpslogger-0.14
dpkg-buildpackage

The trunk-vs-tagged-version hokeying is just while I'm testing and
getting feedback. I'll tag 0.15 one the debian packaging is good.

Gary (-;