[YLUG] May technical session?

Harry Mills harry at haeg.in
Mon May 3 12:51:20 UTC 2010

w00t! I'll be there (technically, not literally). How do I need to be able
to connect in? ooh we should totally netcat a sound stream or something if
possible, maybe over ssh to get through the uni wall of flame. Also does
collaborative editing such as google docs count as remote involvement? It
has a chat thing builtin as I discovered the other day. It sounds like a fun
session (but that might just be because I can come to this one). I'm excited
now...

On 3 May 2010 13:13, Zoe Stephenson <zrs1 at york.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, May 01, 2010 at 10:40:22PM +0100, Steve Almond wrote:
> >
> > >    Monday 10th May - Technical session, remote involvement, somewhere
> on campus
> > >

> > Still not going to make this, but I'm planning to make it to the bar
> > afterwards - to see you guys, obviously, but also to try and meet up
> > with a guy from the Software Craftsmanship UK list, who's also a PhD
> > student at YU. Apologies if he's on this list already.  :-)
> >
> > There's only a slight overlap in the LUG and SC 'purposes', so I've not
> > suggested YLUG run programming sessions. Would anyone here be interested
> > in maybe helping starting a York sub-chapter of SC UK? And is there a
> > topic, and/or venue, for Monday's session, so said student can know what
> > he's letting himself in for?
>
> The session on the 10th is at 19:00 in L/N/008, which is somewhere in
> the maze of little rooms opposite the main entrance to Langwith College.
> The topic of the session is "Remote Involvement" - the plan is to
> get as many people involved using different remote mechanisms as possible.
> To help us out, we'd like some volunteers!  If you're available on the
> Monday night, at a computer or some other communications device, but
> not on campus, do let us know.  Similarly, if you have some cool AV
> equipment that we can use, now would be a good time to speak up.
>
> Here's hoping we get a lot of people involved on the night!
>
> --
>  -- zoe

Regards,
Harry Mills
http://haeg.in

If you don't have a good feel for the growth rate of powers of 2, then a
little old man will save your daughter, and you'll grant him anything you
want in your kingdom, and he'll say he just wants one grain of rice on the
first square of a chessboard, then 2 in the second, 4 on the third, and so
on. And then: you'll be all out of rice.