[YLUG] May technical session?

Zoe Stephenson zrs1 at york.ac.uk
Mon May 10 14:32:43 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 01:50:29PM +0100, Harry Mills wrote:
> w00t! I'll be there (technically, not literally). How do I need to be able
> to connect in? ooh we should totally netcat a sound stream or something if
> possible, maybe over ssh to get through the uni wall of flame. Also does
> collaborative editing such as google docs count as remote involvement? It
> has a chat thing builtin as I discovered the other day. It sounds like a fun
> session (but that might just be because I can come to this one). I'm excited
> now...

Some news: I've injured my knee, and while it's not super serious, it's
definitely going to make it difficult to get to the tech session.
Nevertheless, the room is booked and as far as I know, the speaker is
still intending to turn up.  Since this is about remote involvement,
I will do my best to be there in spirit...

Second bit of news, there is a LinuxChixNorth "Geek'n'Tweak" event in
York on the 24th of May, provisionally being held at Pulse on
Fossgate.  We have a YLUG social scheduled for that day, so I suggest
that we merge the social with the Geek'n'Tweak and lend our support.
Some more information is available at http://www.linuxchixnorth.org.uk/

--
 -- zoe