[YLUG] Voting for BT to put fibre broadband in York

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 16:05:36 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Peter Hawkins
<peter.hawkins at poppleton.org> wrote:
> MYYO is Stonebow Exchange which, as you say Steve, is scheduled to have
> Fibre To The Cabinet (FTTC) by 31/12/2010 but other exchanges/remote
> concentrator units within the 01904 code area such as Acomb (MYACO), which
> serves my home, or Clifton (MYCTN), which serves our business premises, do
> not yet have a scheduled date for FTTC.
>
> Peter Hawkins
> Local Telecom Service
> Clifton Moor

Well I did not know that - so I learned something today - I am
connected to Melrosegate so I guess the vote in York will be split
across several exchanges. I also don't know how the council-supported
big rollout of the fibre infrastructure that has been going on for the
past year or so links to this if at all?  All over the place there
have been trenches dug with purple plastic ducts which I was told by
one of the guys working on that as I was walking in one day is part of
the fibre infrastructure being installed across York.

Anyone know any more about this?
--
mike c