[YLUG] can't free up enough space to upgrade Ubuntu

Harry Mills harry at haeg.in
Sun Nov 4 23:18:56 UTC 2012

Hi,

The upgrade almost certainly wants free space on / so anything you delete
from your home directory won't help. Your root partition (/) $ is very
small. If you can make it larger or move something like /var onto a new
partition you should be able to do the upgrade fine.

If this isn't an option you can try deleting your apt cache or removing any
programs you don't need anymore. This may be enough for you to do the
upgrade.