[Bradford] Fwd: [lugmaster] Extended downtime from 20:03 yesterday till 12:40 today

Dick Thomas xpd259 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 13:30:18 UTC 2010

Oops this explains a bit
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Gavin Westwood (Lug Admin)" <lug at gavinwestwood.co.uk>
Date: 12 Dec 2010 13:26
Subject: [lugmaster] Extended downtime from 20:03 yesterday till 12:40 today
To: "UK LUGMasters." <lugmaster at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Cc: <admin at mailman.lug.org.uk>

Apologies for the extended downtime to the Lug servers.  This was due to
an upgrade that didn't go so smoothly on the host server.  It was
expected to have almost no noticeable impact beyond a few minutes
downtime, but unfortunately after rebooting the server it would not
bring up the network or client machines.

This has now been mostly resolved and the servers are all back up,
however we will need to schedule some downtime to make final fixes on
the networking issues.  You will be advised of the timing of this
downtime in due course.

We will also be doing some further investigation and will send you more
information about the root cause when we have done this.