[Bradford] Introduction :-)

Dick William Thoams xpd259 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 20:14:15 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-02-01 at 19:46 +0000, Philip Wyett wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here is my introduction.
>
> I am Phil Wyett; 39 year old former soldier and over a decade as a Linux user
> and developer. I have been a developer of the OSS Crystal Space 3D game
> engine, CEL project for over a decade and still am plus the release manager. I
> have also been a contributing dev to Debian, Ubuntu, Kubuntu and Redhat for
> years, plus many upstream projects.
>
> My production systems are Kubuntu and for server Ubuntu. If you ask nicely,
> you can get access to my semi public AMD 8x  CPU 32 Gb RAM 4TB SSD (kubuntu
> 12.4.x) system or my AMD 6x 12 Gb RAM 2TB SATA (kubuntu 12.04.x) system.
>
> I have some bits to give away (many cpu's ( many single cores and some dual
> and triple cores, over 300 Gb of RAM of varying speeds (16 Gb is Corsair DDR 3
> @ 2000 MHz), new PSU's, etc.) but as I mentioned it on twitter - So Dick get
> first refusal on them (I did say to you I would catalogue it all ;-))- it's
> only right. You all can have what's left. ;-)
>
> Regards
>
> Phil
> _______________________________________________ Bradford mailing list Bradford at mailman.lug.org.uk https://mailman.lug.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/bradford

Hello,

I'm Richard (Dick) Thomas I was/am user number 2 :D I was the 2nd person
at the original lug meeting way back when Dave started it.

I'm not involved in tech in anyway for work related
before I became ill, I Was a chef and mental health care worker and then
worked for a bank as a customer support monkey.

I don't know if I'd want to work in IT as it might spoil my enjoyment of
it but that is something to think about for the future.

I'm a 99.999% full time Linux user, I have a windows partition for one
game I play that I can't get to run under wine but soon as I've finished
that it will be removed and added to the main system

My Desktop system is AMD Phenom II X6 64bit, 16GB ram, 8TB RAID 5 system
running Debian wheezy with a gnome shell desktop with a XFCE desktop for
when I need something quicker but I don't use it often.

I make videos on youtube about installing Linux/BSD/Other and using
various FOSS, but I don't do it for any other reason then it passes the
time, keeps me off the streets and a reason to checkout new projects
and share my love of FOSS with people

Dick

--
About.me http://about.me/dick.thomas