[Bradford] Monday's Meeting - Truecrypt

Andy Coulson coulson.andy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 09:20:39 UTC 2014

Morning all,

Sorry I couldn't make it over on Monday.

I saw you had been talking about Truecrypt.  I'd been using that to encrypt
a folder on a USB stick that I used on several machines, and Truecrypt
allowed me to work cross-platform with it.  I've been trying to find a
suitable alternative - I could manage with a linux only solution.  I
started off with Cryptkeeper <http://tom.noflag.org.uk/cryptkeeper.html> but
haven't managed to get it working across machines, whereas truecrypt just
worked.

I was wondering whether anyone else had come up with a good solution, or
had done this with cryptkeeper?

Has anyone come across veracrypt <https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/>, which
is a fork of and development on from truecrypt.  They mention that they are
releasing Linux and Mac clients later this year.

--
Andrew Coulson
email: coulson.andy at gmail.com | tel: 07834 269850